We will be taking our Year 7, 2021 enrolments online this year. Please follow the details on our web site from 3 August 2020. The online enrolment form will ‘go live’ from 3 August 2020 for both in zone and out of zone students. The closing date for both in zone and out of zone enrolments will be 3.00pm Wednesday 2 September at 3.00pm.
These guidelines are issued under section 11G(3) of the Education Act 1989. The Secretary of Education has given written notice that the Secretary is satisfied that there is likely to be overcrowding at the school unless an enrolment scheme is put in place. The enrolment scheme in force is as follows:
As of right, all prospective students whose place of current residence is within the area defined below as the “Home Zone” have a right of attendance at Bucklands Beach Intermediate School:
Bucklands Beach Peninsula to Mellons Bay valley including all side roads to the intersection of Gills Rd and Bleakhouse Rd round-about, along Gills Road (both sides) excluding the roads on the Highway side of Gills Road, through to Pigeon Mountain Road (both sides), excluding all roads to the west of Pigeon Mountain Road and ending at the water.
The order of priority in which applicants who live outside a school’s home zone are to be offered places at the school is as follows:
- first priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school (This priority category is not applicable at BBI because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary);
- second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school;
- third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school;
- fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school;
- fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school;• sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
A school uniform helps students identify with their school and assists with the development of a corporate spirit. It also performs a valuable role in projecting a positive image to the public. We expect students to wear the correct uniform at all times.
TO VIEW OUR SCHOOL ZONE PLEASE CLICK HERE
Uniform can be purchased online through our local supplier at http://www.johnrussellmenswear.co.nz/ or at their showroom at 9 Moore Street, Howick.
Please click here for a detailed uniform description.
Second Hand Uniforms
Second hand uniforms and BBI school jackets are available from the school uniform shop. Dates and times will be advertised in the school newsletter and on our website.